Why 1/6 happened and how to stop it from happening again

Yeah, you and Stevie Wonder. Literally everyone knew except the feds and thats because their informants were too busy prepping for the raid.

2 Likes

Even people not paying attention could and did make that prediction.
Like I said, as an example, “I bet it will rain this afternoon”.
In prediction science, that kind of thing annoys us.
And taken to its extreme, and when used for malicious gain, is the basis for the magic stockpicker scam, if one has a large enough mailing list.

“Prediction Science”?

That’s a new one on me.

Probability, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
It’s a basket term, as those disciplines are intersecting, and often are used together.
Although you know the old joke:
“What is the difference between a Statistics grant, and a Machine Learning Grant?”
Answer:
“About a million dollars.”

1 Like

The way to make sure it doesn’t happen again: Prosecute everyone involved in planning and taking part in this with sedition.

Then have the ringleaders punished by means of serious penalties.

Since we won’t do any of that and nobody involved in inciting this thing is going to face consequences of any kind this will be repeated ad nauseum until the angry stupid rabble succeed in destabilizing the country and overthrowing the peaceful transfer of power or someone does something substantial to prevent it either bilaterally or unilaterally. When some liberal dipshit does the same thing, maybe Republicans will wake the fuck up and get a good whiff of the shit that just got brewed.

CSPAN link to the House select committee hearing on the Jan. 6 insurrection is live here: WATCH: Capitol and DC Police Testify on January 6 Attack

Florida apparently leads the nation in the number of QAnon cultists openly running for office.

And no one is surprised.

Ofc. Dunn: “One of them said ‘Hey, this n----- voted for Biden!’ The others shouted ‘Booo…fucking n----- !’ . . .They told me ‘Put your gun down, and we’ll show you what kind of n----- you really are.’”

Sgt. Gonell: “It was not antifa, it was not BLM, it was not the FBI…it was his supporters.”

Ofc. Fanone: “I feel like I went to Hell and back to protect them and the people in this room, but too many are now telling me that Hell doesn’t exist or that Hell actually wasn’t that bad. The indifference shown to my colleagues is disgraceful.”

1 Like

Rep. Kinzinger has been subject to numerous death threats since he started publicly disavowing Trump and QAnon.

This was after most of his wingnut brainwashed family abandoned him as a member of the “Devil’s Army” and publicly shamed him for…being honest about 1/6.

His PAC is a start, but also a fart in the wind compared to the mainstream GOP right now.

Why should he have a CAREER in politics. It’s public service, dammit, not a career.

No, I’m not dumping on him, just the whole … idea…

1 Like

Wow… this guy is a stud. Hat’s off to him. We need him in Idaho.

I mean Kinzinger, not you.

2 Likes

You don’t even know the half of it, LOL.

Not saying ignorant, just that the whole respect authority thing is really pretty thin and conditional.

1 Like

Dumbing and misleading things down to meme’s and cartoon level.
If your mission is to make people stupider, and encourage racism, that cartoon, has a good chance.

I’m seeing a lot of that. It’s pushing a narrative, of course. Still a lot of “Trump’s America” stuff out there.

Some pushback in the form of “Trump lost, stop giving him bandwidth” is happening too.

Attitudes towards LEO is so mixed across the board, really.

Let’s face it, most folks don’t generally like cops, or other forms of law enforcement. Whether it’s rebellion against any sort of authority or what varies.

People are often rude to their restaurant servers, and often flip out at customer service reps on the phone, and often treat government employees at the DMV rudely, too.
People do have problems with people in authority roles.
And people both in authority roles, and towards people in authority roles, tend to forget that the counter party is also human, and vice-versa.

Nobody likes being told what to do or have their “valuable” time wasted.

Most people have no idea how government works, even at a basic level.

edit
Human beings can be real jerks, too, including cops, DMV clerks (man, the ones in NOLA were…in a class of their own) and of course incompetent, selfish, etc.

So go figure.

That human tendency to group things for quick identification in case of emergency (or not) comes in handy and gets in the way at the same time.

1 Like

Explain your views.

Get ready for some epic poetry!