This isn't unclear

Yes. He flat out says it in the meeting post and also says that “That’s what he said to me” when I told him he’d initially come back with a price of 2k per belt for a total of 4k.

The problem is that I don’t owe that man 2k to not harm my career. That is called a conflict of interest. Why would we be discussing an affiliation in the first place? What for? I was at a top MMA gym in the region. I would NEVER pay 2 grand to put someone else’s name on our work.

It’s EXTREMELY inappropriate to ask for a credit card number FOR ANY REASON during a promotion.

10:19 and then in 10:22 he know suddenly knows what I’m talking about. He was trying to kinda confuse the issue. I intentionally wrote that explicitly and forced him to confirm, so we’d have evidence. If it were not the case, instead of asking who told, he’d continue to deny it. Huge difference between “That’s what he told he, if he denies it now it doesn’t effect me at all”, which is a confirmation, and “I don’t know what you mean.” He tried the latter at first and then ultimately knew what I was talking about.

It’s inappropriate to send two agents from your martial arts class to harass a guy you just robbed. It’s the same victim in both cases. You’re supposed to make a call to a field office at which point the organization picks up the case in an appropriate manner.

After the meeting, he came back with the following document:

We’re very clearly discussing my rank, and there’s very clearly a business deal inappropriately and deliberately wrapped up in it.

This is just what I was able to grab. He was more explicit IRL. It’s clear what’s going on. There’s no reason at all for a happy, healthy brown belt to just flip out at being offered an affiliation deal. You just say “No, thanks.” and keep moving. The conflict was that I wasn’t able to refuse the offer without severe career damage.

What was ultimately said was that I had to buy a franchise or not only was my current promotion invalid, but that I’d be banned from promotion across all IBJF member schools for one year, while I paid them brown belt membership dues, and then each year I had another shot at purchasing my black belt.

Here I am asking the BB about things. He shows up, intercepts your paperwork using his IBJJF position, and then fails you unless you purchase a franchise. You can’t ask for fucking money during a promotion in any legit scene:

Imagine you’re doing a scholastic test and the guy waits til the last minute and asks you to buy a business from him. Or you get pulled over and the cop has a great deal for you. If you don’t see how using a position of power to upsell vulnerable people is wrong, I don’t know what to tell you. Your moral compass is broken.

And yes, I get the money is technically for the affiliation, but thats the same shit dealers tried when weed was legalized. They sell you a 150 dollar bowl or something, with a free gift of marijuana. That way they aren’t selling the weed technically. They just happen to be giving you a free gift of weed while you’re buying suspiciously overpriced glasswear.

So this guy isn’t selling me a BELT. He’s selling me an affiliation IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PROMOTION. I don’t mind them selling me a business deal. I don’t mind failing a BB test. I mind failing a belt test because you want to sell me something. I mind my rank being run as a function of my willingness to give up my credit card number and not on the basis of my BJJ.

1 Like

Everything you are presenting says “Affiliation Fee”, and is well within the norm for the lower end of affiliation fees. You keep saying “your business”. Which to me, and my understanding, implies that you have some gym or something, which often pays affiliation fees.

Do you have anything that says that this is for a belt?

Nowhere in his letter does he claim that is what occurred.

He’s the same guy Gorman is talking about robbing. When I get a chance I’ll grab the class logs and prove they came from Barra.

Here we see American’s have been getting their ranks manipulated for years, being forced into teams that they don’t want to be on.

Yeah if you want to compete in the IBJJF you have to either be a recognized black belt by them or be affiliated with someone who is. There is nothing new there. Nothing illegal either. That is there business practice. Play or don’t, that is up to the individual.

1 Like

This is hilariously incorrect. They built this up around the athletes over the years. They were competing under different rules. When you start a program, you’re typically bound by your starting conditions. Let’s say I attend a college. I hit 4th year. The school has a new requirement that freshman have to take underwater basket weaving, gender studies and must be a cis het white male. COOL. I completed MY requirements though. This has nothing to do with the new classes requirements.

I would NEVER have invested in BJJ under those terms and conditions or with the idea that they could enter my school and approach management on my behalf. They’re fucking people over deliberately. And instead of marketing and a lawyer, they use crowd sourced abuse to enforce compliance.

Except you aren’t attending a University that is bound by Regional and National accreditation requirements.
Yeah People who got their Black Belt before the IBJJF changed from 2-3 years per stripe, still have to wait those extra years, if they want to be recognized by the IBJJF.

If they tried to make you pay for your Belt and you can document that, I’ll be happy to listen. If you are upset because someone wanted you to pay an affiliation fee in order compete in the IBJJF, or register athletes. Well that is optional. You do not have to play with the IBJJF.

I DID have to play with them. That’s the issue. They approached my manager and told them I was being uncooperative and refusing the belt, which was said to be free. I’m not an IBJJF competitor. I don’t need an IBJJF certified belt. But they were interfering with my dojo rank. I obviously walked away and kept it pushing, but the evaluation had me at black. Its the IBJJF that had the issue with what went on in MY dojo.

A degree of separation between the belt and the affiliation fee doesn’t matter. It’s still an additional cost for belt and I did not agree to such conditions. You’re picking up on the degree of separation and thats bullshit. I can literally plug that into a comp and have an AI tell you exactly that.

I fail unless I purchase a affiliation is still extortion. It’s what “extortion” means.

Great. Then document that if you can.

You don’t see to understand that people here do want to listen and help. You just need to be able to document what happened. Otherwise it is just hearsay. Can you document that they tried to charge you for a belt, and not an affiliation fee?

THEY’RE THE SAME SHIT. They tried to charge me an affiliation fee during the belt promotion. It’s that simple. That is my claim. That is still extortion. I agree there is a degree of separation. The terrorist I took down also used a degree. He’d call you out and his people would come for you. Not him. It’s just mob shit.

That may have been what was said behind closed doors. However, unless you can document that the two were inextricably linked, there really isn’t much that I can see Bullshido doing, other than saying, wow bro, sucks that you had to go through that.

There is MORE evidence that Souza is a thief than he is a grappler:

(155) vinny souza bjj - YouTube

There is more evidence that Carlos Gracie Jr is a thief than evidence he is a grappler.

(155) carlos gracie jr rolling - YouTubestrong text

There is more evidence that Tabor is a grappler than that he is a fraud:

(155) jordan tabor grappling - YouTube

And yes, I did lose a few. That’s how sports works. Those are ranked higher because they cherry picked those.