The Ongoing Adventures of Phrost on Twitter

I have asked for clarification, you provided it, and, I did some of my own looking into stuff I had not heard of, that you wrote of.

I appreciate that from you.

LOL. Literally.

My older son is in college now, his first semester. He is in some sort of Englis 102 or 201 sort of class.

He literally had to write a 5 page essay/analysis, of a 6 page essay by some post modern scholar.

As he explained it, that is the essence of post modernism in academia. Even the person teaching the class, who is not a professor, but a TA (His Mom and I are literally paying for a TA to teach my Son a required class), agreed with him.

I donā€™t know if this irony, or just straight up bullshit. argh.

But Son 1 soldiered on and put his own spin on it, I suspect, as he did in high school.

Huey Long ended up shot on the steps of the Louisiana State House, in Baton Rouge, if I recall correctly.

Talk about friend enemy!

This is ā€œnormalā€ for undergrad, even at elite and top universities. Itā€™s a daycare for young adults and a jobs program for academic indentured servants.

The graduate level depending on program is significantly better and what you expect when you think about sending your kids off to college. When youā€™re talking liberal arts/social sciences itā€™s a lot of seminar, a lot (a fucking lot, talking books per week) reading, and a lot of writing. Thereā€™s still room to coast through of course but in my experience even in an IR/public policy program they are more than willing to kick people out for underperforming.

Exactly. And then the people who had him murdered made him into a villain for daring to be a populist.

Yeah, Iā€™m not surprised itā€™s normal. Heā€™s an Ag Science major, and this is a required course. He tested out of a couple other college English classes via AP classes in high school.

He got better teaching in high school, essentially, with focus on critical thinking and writing skills, AND reading literature etc.

His Mom and I warned him he needed to take extra higher level (meaning college) classes in HS so he could avoid the basic college lib arts stuff. But he declined.

In a sense, itā€™s good he is taking the class. He gets to see first hand how mostly bereft post modernism academics are of anything useful anymore, if ever, other as a reaction to modernism.

He was one corrupt ā€œpopulistā€, though.

I certainly do not agree with his assassination, though.

Like most things, there are shades of gray.

The Ag science program where he is enrolled is one of the best in the nation, and known worldwide for research and practical applications. He is in good hands there, and he was raised to be an independent thinker, and has been in an excellent k-12 program from the beginning of his schooling.

He can get through the requirements and focus on his passion.

Which university if you donā€™t mind me asking?

What corruption specifically?

Dude, I canā€™t even recall that, LOL. Itā€™s been years since I did any reading on Huey P. Long.

Like 20?
Years?

University of Idaho

1 Like

I ask because his legacy is ā€œcorruptionā€ but that ā€œcorruptionā€ is stuff like new taxes on industries, giving money to working class people etc. and daring to think about running against FDR in 36 on an extreme new New Deal platform. Basically being a populist.

Thatā€™s a positive spin.

ā€œCorruptionā€ is a negative spin.

Balance achieved!

So Elonā€™s changes to Twitter are going wellā€¦

1 Like

It just exposes the prior misinformation, the major social media channels facilitated, in a manner so vulgar, that even the people in the cheap seats canā€™t miss it, or misunderstand it.

All in all, good job, on his part.

I wish he, or some other trickster god, would take their ship of nails to Facebook, as well.

Yeah about thatā€¦