The Ongoing Adventures of Phrost on Twitter

Bruh you think I’m going to pull up stata and run a regression over a fucking forum post? You really are retarded LMAO.
I am far from the first person, much less political scientist, to talk about elites driving public opinion. This is one of those situations where a layman with a single undergrad or high school class on statistics thinks he knows more about something than a trained practitioner.

No actually, I have data. I posted it. What you’re trying to say is I have some data and some circumstantial evidence (court cases, public changes in elite opinion and consensus) because I don’t have 200 million individual notarized affidavits stating that people changed their mind because elites did it first.

My evidence is literally documented reality and opinion polling. What you mean I’m sure is that the evidence doesn’t fit my conclusion but you can’t come to a more reasonable conclusion from the evidence presented that doesn’t require you to ignore it and go with your feeling about the issue.

Certainly polls can have issues, that’s why they try to avoid systematic errors. Any quantitative analysis can be played with to get a desired result e.g. p hacking, but Pew is fairly credible.

You won’t do anything but continually obfuscate, move goal posts and mislead.

You know you don’t meet the requirements for the burden of proof with your claims. So you turn it on me to disprove your assertions instead

Because your a bullshitter. A phony. A wannabee terrorist. And a coward.

Literally all you have to do is go to Google scholar, if you don’t have access to Jstor, and search “elite driven opinion”. I am not even nearly the first political scientist to talk about the topic; I guess I’m just the first to come to Bullshido.

Really all you have done so far is just said you disagreed and hurled insults at me for posting very fundamental and basic ideas from my field.

I assure you I’m not a wannabe lmao I’m a pretty successful psychic terrorist. Just look at my work on here!

You could actually be a real terrorist. If you have actualized some part of your fantasy of commiting political violence toward your “enemies”.

Hard to tell.

Take a pause.

Well I was a member of the IC at one time and I was in Iraq during the war. Some people in and outside of the US would think that enough to qualify me as a terrorist. :wink:

Fine

(Twelve)

@BrevardFighter, say something Gentlemanly back.

To let the other Gentlemen know,

Your discussions, are Gentlemanly.

I already did.

There are levels to all things.

Speak more plainly, or not at all,

Or with better device.

There’s nothing un-plain about what I have written. I might slip into field specific jargon occasionally out of habit but I haven’t obfuscated anything or argued in bad faith.

I have no faith.

However, you do not need to be falsely accused.

And you can say that you are.

And your accuser, can also take a deep breath.

This ia a place to discuss social issues.

And Free Speech is important.

On the other hand, dumb comments, are stil dumb.

On both, and 360 degrees.

Polls are anecdotal and often used to mislead.

That stupid pew link doesn’t give their sample sizes…

And you say I argue like doofa.

@Lant3rn , don’t read more into it.

You are a fine fellow.

And @BrevardFighter does make full of beans posts.

However, you could also tighten up.

Because you can, and are better then fragile techniques,

and in many cases you are right,

But the end does not justify the means,

Because there are better means.

And you are just the man to use them,

and set that example.

The example we all want to see.

They sure do, and are.

Well thank you.

In a couple a months I’ll get my chance to set a good example where it really counts and I hope I can live up to the flattery.

No they aren’t, they are data. You can argue that they can have some issues like preference falsification but good polls are designed to try and minimize that through design. And n size isn’t nearly as big an issue as n demographic distribution. It’s asymptotic, once you get past something like n=500 you almost immediately hit diminishing returns on sample population size. If you start to play around with demographic distribution, when you don’t intend to, you start to introduce systematic error.

You posted a link. Didn’t talk about its limitations or flaws.

Didn’t even quote anything relevant from it. Probably didn’t even read it.

You have become the doofa.

Correct, I didn’t write a dissertation for a casual conversation on a forum post. And I’m not going to unless you’re willing to cash app me some money for my time. Meanwhile there are published articles available on Google scholar looking at exactly the phenomena I was discussing. Because again I’m not the only political scientist in the world to ever think of the idea of elite driven opinion.