The Mandalorian Thread [SPOILERS]

The Ayatollah of Rock’N’Rolla.

2 Likes

So, I guess we have a Boba spinoff coming. I’m pretty happy about that. The Mandalorian has been about the only thing worth watching lately. Well, that checkers series on Netflix wasn’t too bad, but it was a little weird for me.

1 Like

Had to steal the Skywalker meme.

Remember to send our regards to Nottingham’s Sheriff.

(thanx)

1 Like

Is that the codpiece from Dusk til Dawn?

Did you ever watch it?

I’m still in S1, I think the last episode I remember off the top of my head is where he goes to get the egg or whatever from that monster thingy in the cave.

There is a super cool easter egg hidden in that episode that isn’t fully revealed until later on, but I think only hardcore alpha SWNs would get it.

Won’t spoil it, I hate spoilers, but report back if you figure it out.

Here’s a hint: “There’s always a bigger fish”.

The shakuhachi constantly playing in the background to denote emotion from the main character is a constant giveaway. Like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly this isn’t a Western. It’s a samurai movie.

The pair were clearly figuratively ripped straight from the pages of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Disney rips off Japan yet again and pays no royalties. I get it though. They’re paying homage but damn. There comes a time when you have to get your own theme and stop borrowing someone else’s. It’s just Lone Wolf and Cub: Star Wars Edition.

Truth. True. Indeed.

Still a delicious product to watch.

Did you just now notice Phrost’s OP? The clear Seven Samurai copy and paste?

Anyways, I just watch this show and imagine Grogu growing up to be a whiny little teenager just like Luke.

Who is more disciplined after all, the son of Anakin Skywalker, Din Djarin, or Rooster Cogburn? How’s that for an existential question?

Yeah. It is good. It’s very fun to watch. I complain but it’s still one of my favorite shows.

1 Like

The entire Star Wars franchise is a rip-off of Kurosawa films with a little Dune added into it.

1 Like

DB didn’t even catch my lie. What’s this world coming to, when lies on BS aren’t challenged???

That image you posted isn’t from Seven Samurai.

It’s from Yojimbo!