The Celebrity COVID Thread!

No disagreement, there.

2 Likes

That will more than likely just entrench people deeper in their beliefs. Due to their confirmation bias(es). And the people in media who make money off of them will just come up with another conspiracy theory or looney-toons reason for why @phrost is making fun of them so relentlessly.

It might make you feel better, though? I mean, go for it.

The harder you push, the more pushback you get. Basic ju /do/jutsu/jitsu.

2 Likes

The idea behind hitting this head-on isn’t to move the boulder but to splinter off some shards every time you strike.

Sure, the boulder is going deeper into the ground a bit, but eventually it’s small enough we can just cover it with dirt and move on.

Colbert played a better Republican than Trump did.

1 Like

Tom Hanks was one of the first celebrities to get COVID, and it was spun by QAnons to claim he had been secretly arrested by Trump’s federal agents as part of that big Soros run Democrat pedo ring.

Then he got dual citizenship in Greece, and that sealed it for the Qtards. Because in ancient Greece…

Yet he’s put out several good movies since. If that doesn’t illustrate the power of denial in these cults, nothing does. And it also shows the sheer uselessness of debate or reasoned argument with such people.

Anyways you all need to watch this movie. I love Navy movies obviously but this one had me hook and crook.

2 Likes

Very cool looking movie, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I wonder how many people are going to think that’s a movie about a bus driver.

Yeah, that never holds water, though many a hacky comedian wishes it did.

If your act is so poorly done that people cannot read the meaning you are expressing that’s on you, not your audience. It applies as much to comedians as to any other performer.

He had always been a touch Frog-boy adjacent but he’s gone full on Plandemic troll this year.

Ugh. Well I’m checking out the podcast I mentioned above. Only a bit into it at the moment but the criticism seems even-handed.

1 Like

We must protect all people from themselves. Gotcha.

The problem is the weasels who operate their scams in the ambiguity of language and dog whistles. A one time “y’all know I’m joking about this, right?” someone can point to to make it clear to people who take their supposed humor seriously that it’s just a joke, is required for the same reason there’s a warning about not eating silica packets: some people really are that fucking stupid, and their votes count the same as yours.

“Count Dankula” taught his dog Nazi salutes and to get excited at the prospect of “gassing Jews”, but it was all a joke! That’s what he told the court.

A joke except to elderly Jews in Scotland, who had his fat ass shitcanned for being a online terror.

Probably led by George Soros too, that quintessential Nazi Jew.

1 Like

Goodbye, Tiny. RIP at 62 from COVID19.

I wish I’d been wrong about this one, brother.

2 Likes

I haven’t gone too far into their total catalog, but find some of the Conspirituality coverage kind of interesting, and they took a look at Sears in this episode.

1 Like

FULL TRIGGER:

1 Like

All of these people are idiots.

I’m brave enough to write it.

So I’m a ways into the “Gurus” podcast episode and I figured out what the disconnect here is @submessenger. You dig this guy because of his comedy bits, which are one thing. But he has a whole “podcast” where he shills bullshit supplements and tells people to trust their intuition over paying attention to facts and science.

Dude rose to fame based on his humor, but now he’s telling people not to wear masks because it disrupts the spiritual connection between individuals and “they” want to control you in the absence of that connection.

So I can see how he’s funny as someone who makes fun of conspiracy theories and spiritualists and such, but when you dig deeper it seems like he’s just doing that to take down the competition. Sorry man, the guy’s bullshit.

1 Like

A lot of the early Ultra-spiritual Life stuff was good…needed an editor but was good. His " Using Ayahuasca" was an excellent take down on garage shamanism. But the more attention he got the more obvious the reactionary elements of his approach, and the “conspirituality” elements have only increased since 2016.

I’m not going to say it was him going to that Tony Robbins seminar that did it, but damn if the trajectory of his stuff didn’t change right after it.

You spelled “fuckface” wrong.