Study: Exposing Your Children to Religion Reduces their Ability to Distinguish Fantasy from Reality

I imagine the genocides committed by “God” probably took place

1 Like

Exposing them to both the main stream media and social media has a similar effect.

I must confess that as somebody who has been quite balls deep in Christianity during parts of my life I do now struggle to tolerate the less reasonable religious types of which their are an abundance in every church.

You will be refreshed to learn though that there are modern church’s that do try to put the bible into context a little better and focus on the meanings of the stories as opposed to “WOW HE COULD RAISE THE DEAD BELIEVE ME OR GO TO HELL”

I am a christian but I teach my son that he will have to learn about everything and make up his own mind what to believe when he is an adult.

I also teach him that the world is not 6000yrs old and it is extremely unlikely that somebody walked on water without the help of CGI.

And that Santa Claus fits the profile of a paedophile and is a fictional character that is not to be trusted.

I work hard for the presents and thus the credit for them is all mine.

4 Likes