Schools and Sexual content

And that’s you making shit up, again.

So you have a professional data scientist, who is an expert in the field, reading multiple papers etc. for you, and explaining them, but you are still not getting any sources?

He’s providing all of this free of charge to you, and bullshido.net LLC INC or whatever it is.

1 Like

Are there

I’m not going to take your word for it, since you are prone to bullshit.

Since the studys you claim to show harm are so common it shouldn’t be hard to find a few and post links to them

So once again you are dressing your opinion up as fact

An expert in which field?
Sex education?

Doubtful

Gonzo is just giving his opinion and insinuating that he’s done loads of research in sex ed

Otherwise he’d just post the evidence that supports his opinion

Who in this thread said they were against sex ed in schools?

To my knowledge, no one.

I already did, above, including a link to same.

That is a false claim on your part.

I posted and cited about 27 or so sources, specifically peer reviewed research articles, above in the thread,

Including a meta study.

No, that was stated in the meta study I posted, and has also been stated by Rollston, the Harvard Comprehensive Sex Ed advocate that Greg posted a bio.

1 Like

He just spent most of a day reading through studies, using his professional expertise, and gave his analysis of them.

And he’s prone to bullshit?

And you are cherry picking and misinterpreting.

Yeah. But it is the same guy who thinks a cop is an expert on sex ed. That abortion clinics are promoting bad sex ed to boost sales, That all of counceling doesn’t work and it is ok to force therapists to out gay kids.

And whatever that ape thing was about.

So taken with a grain of salt.

If we take quotes out of context. Probably everyone.

I stated @submessenger had professional expertise in the area of child abuse, and he does.

Some abortion clinics, including large networks of them, have been shown to do that, on occasion.

Psychotherapy has not been shown to be more effective than placebo.

That is both the State law in many States, and is commonly seen as a requirement of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
Further, it is an opinion shared by many psychologists, including psychologists who are themselves trans (see 1:15 of the video below):
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2022/07/22/smr-schools--trans.cnn
So, that is a fairly common position, required in many cases by law, and shared by many psychologists, and some trans people, and some gay people.

That was a reference to biology,
specifically socio-biology theories about human behavior, as well as behaviors in other eu-social species.
In the case of humans, we are a member of the Great Apes, of the order primates.

Why would you take quotes out of context, when discussing this issue?

Why would anyone?

All right, I will guess your intentions for serially taking quotes out of context on this thread, since you ask.

First, I don’t think you actually read the paper from beginning to end, that you posted a link to by Goldfarb.

Therefore, you are able to comment on its specifics.

Second, I gave multiple examples, with specifics, of Goldfarb’s paper misrepresenting what the sources she cited were, or said, or their findings.

Third, the second CSE advocate you posted as an expert, Rollston, has herself disclaimed that there is a lack of rigorous scientific evidence that demonstrates the benefits of CSE, even though she herself is an advocate of CSE.

Which again, you would have known if you had actually read Rollston’s papers on the topic, instead of just again posting a link to something that you thought might support your position, without actually reading, or understanding what you were posting a link to.

So, my guess is the reason you are serially posting statements taking other poster’s quotes out of context, or flat out misquoting them,

is to create a lot of noise in the thread, because you are low grade trolling,

and because you may not understand the topic very well, since you did not carefully read, or read beyond the title, or read beyond the summaries, of the sources that you are posting links to.

Put simply, my guess is you are doing so, as petty retribution, and to crap up the thread with so many noise posts that people will not bother reading any of the informational posts or critical analysis posts.

Hey, weren’t we arguing about telling kids how to use buttplugs? Oh, that was last month…

If any of what you wrote above were true…

Like seriously. We’ve gone from alternative sexual gratification, which probably shouldn’t be taught to children, to whether or not CSE prevents abortion.

I myself do not mind if a conversation wanders, so long as it does so in a manner that produces a useful harvest relating to the domain.

And complex topics, cannot be discussed, usefully, by transforming them to an isolated, or silo’ed linear equation,

Or other absurd reductions,

Just because that kind of mathematical method, or statistical method, is the easiest kind of statistical method for graduate students who consider themselves to be bad at math, to be able to parrot, learn, or use, regarding statistical or mathematical analysis techniques.

Especially because linear statistical methods tend to fail specularly to usefully predict, in complex environments, and domains of complexity.

And other mathematical methods, and statistical methods, a bit harder to learn, or use, are much more usefully predictive, and reliably predictive, in domains that are complex.

Because datasets in complex domains tend to be fat, and there tends to be very high levels of interaction, between the many independent variables.

Which seduces researchers in those domains, to tend to gravitate to datasets of convenience, and methods of analysis of convenience.

Rather than approaching them more rigorously, using more ideal methods, and approaches.

That are frankly, harder. And can be more expensive.

And this is an understatement.

1 Like

So, laymen’s terms:

You can’t model idiots, because idiots are going to idiot. And, they idiot a lot.