Schools and Sexual content

Makes them grow up like weirdos.

1 Like

So, you and doofa were home-schooled?

How many have you met?

Yeah. Lets jump into an off topic shit show by post 20.

Four. And they were all weirdos.

You are the one showing up with false equivalency.

As both a university professor, and a sports coach, I have met many.
The ones I encountered were generally above average hard workers, and individualists.
Several of them were brought up in religious environments, but subsequently rejected the religions.
I have one in my Cybersecurity program, now.
Good egg, top student.
Nice guy.

1 Like

But back to the point of the slippery slope. Anyone can create a monkey paw argument. That for some reason the paedophiles always win.

Great for creative writing exercises. Not great for any sort of serious discussion.

Now.

Should a school counsellor be required to share confidential discussions with a student?

My gut feeling is probably not. As i think it would break the whole purpose of counselling.

Obviously if that kid is about to rampage or kill themselves probably an exception made.

And in this specific case considering when the parent found out it created a big enough shit show that now Australians have a chance to comment and mock what probably should have been aprivate issue.

I would say that is a big argument for councillors to have the right to confidential discussions with their clients.

Perhaps they should stop fucking and trying to fuck kids. Or using that as a lever to power.

I posted links to the actual law in Maine, not some course someobody teaches.

REad what I posted, and consider yourself better informed.

1 Like

Yes. The normal people go to public schools where they are constantly assaulted by “Urban Youths” and for DEI purposes the academic content is dumbed down.

No. I was playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers.

(And nice that you are playing the ball not the man. )

So this incident went tits up and the girl in question is now being home schooled. Therefore the reference wasn’t out of the blue. Unlike the pedo conclusion.

While the family is dealing with a whole bunch of public scrutiny over an issue that could have been solved with better parenting. Rather than social justice warrioring like it seems to have been.

We are now mercilessly pimping out that issue to further persue our own ideology because we all just want to watch the world burn.

So the student was getting a covid vacine?

That was an example. Read the stuff in the second post.

Parental consent is IN GENERAL necessary for minors (under 18 in Maine) to get medical services.

There are EXCEPTIONS, which are listed in the COVID thing I posted, that are also exceptions for medical services for SOME minors in specific situations.

The Maine law is posted in the second post I made. It has the details.

So read all of that.

And you will be informed.

1 Like

Parents are responsible for their children, in the USA, at least.

So, it follows that parents have a right to know what’s going on in the counseling sessions.

Now IF, for example, it’s Court Ordered, because of issues of safety of the kid(s), that is a different matter, usually.

I’m sure there are exceptions for different situations. However, if I put my kid in counseling, privately, I will want to know what is going on, and I have a right to know, because I’m going to be participating in helping my child.

I might choose not to do so, depending on circumstances. Like a teenager, for example.

2 Likes

I am having a look through now. Because i think we may be looking at the wrong thing.

Family planning for example allows minors confidentiality from parents.

OK, you are looking at the good info now, then.

It may well be there is different laws for different procedures, different ages, etc.

Gender reassignment is medical procedure, though, giving hormones (medicine), etc.

Gender dysphoria is, AFAIK, a medical/psychological condition, and if I were a parent, i would want to know if that is an issue for my child.

And, as previously stated, by me, my personal thought/desire is that “sex education” be a parental consent required thing for minor children.

I consented to it for my kids here in Idaho, when there started to be “sex education” material presented in health classes, I think they were in middle school ? I posted the Idaho curriculum here or elsewhere for an example, I believe.

Of course, they had already gotten it from their parents (me and their Mom).

Well then. Lets respect the parents wishes and drag this teenage girl though some public scrutiny.

This particular parent fucked it up though. She has dragged her kid though a straight up shit show.

I’m a little lost, I need to look up the thread for some specific post about a situation in AUS?