Psychiatry is blatantly fake

Part of it is their views on abuse. In their religion, allegations of abuse are indicative of disease. The worst the abuse allegations, the stronger the disease. This helps silence victims. Must be REALLY crazy if they name the psych as the abuser.

Are you familiar with the work of DR. David Rosenhan?

Yeah. When they asked me if I heard voices, I told them yeah, the voices are saying “Empty, hollow, thud.” They were like “Whats that mean?” I told them they knew exactly what that meant. After some thought they figured it out, hoped online, googled me and were like “OH SHIT. He’s telling the truth.”

1 Like

The real issue with psych is lazy practice. It took the TWO FUCKING YEARS to realize I was in fact being abused by crazed martial arts experts. IMO, any time a psych patient comes into any facility for any reason, a forensic evaluation should be done. One of my questions was how they knew I was delusional without checking. When they checked they found I am indeed an actual martial arts expert and that I was in fact being abuses by the community. No one bothered to check. The story just FELT false and in their religion, the feelings of a “doctor” are facts. Imagine if a patient came in claiming that set of super powers. They’d be locked up immediately. So should these frauds IMO.

Mallingering is a thing. And can be difficult to spot for many ailments. Not just mental health disease.

Misdiagnosis is a general medical practice problem. Rosenhan made a point of bringing it to attention in one specific area of medicine.

Other fields make a good faith effort. Like, would a virologist present you with an invisible, indetectable, non existent virus? No. Its gonna be a real thing. Psych has NOTHING to show.

The brain is complex. Brain imaging has come a long way. And they do things like CSF analysis now. So there is a strong effort to improve the diagnosis of mental illness. That’s not a excuse for past mistakes.

Psychiatrists at the time of the Rosenhn Experiment had to mostly diagnose off of self descriptions from the patient.

There are similar things.

Like someone complaining of headaches or someone complaining of musculoskeletal pain. Drs can to numerous tests but not discover a definitive cause.

How about you prove up that statement with a link?

Whats CSF analysis?

cerebrospinal fluid.

According to studies only 40% showed even one abnormality. Thats literally worse than a coin flip.

What studies? Showed what abnormality?

Is there a burden of proof to show CSF diagnosis of mental illness works and is reliable,

Or are you saying that there is a burden of proof to show CSF diagnosis of mental illness does not work, and is not reliable?

CSF analysis can provide better and more accurate diagnosis. With better outcomes

It certainly can with certain cancers, and genetic anomalies.

Are you claiming it does for mental illness, outside of being secondary to brain tumors, or other cancers, or auto-immune, or other genetic mutation detection, or neurological diseases being present, etc?

I could see CSF analysis being useful in the other direction, to diagnose neurological and neurodegenerative diseases as a differential diagnosis that the patient’s disease state is a biological one, with mental health illness symptoms being secondary to the physical illness.

Mental illness can be a symptom of

Infections, and other neurological disease.

The root cause of a mental illness can be missed when those tests aren’t done. And probably was in the past or even currently in places where they don’t have the ability to do such tests.

I’m not sure if specific biomarkers have been found yet for things like manic depressive or schizophrenia. But last I heard it showed promise.

Or this. I started replying before you expanded the post.

Yes, but this a correlation, and reverse causation situation.

Almost all tests that heart attacks occurred, will also seemingly detect anxiety.

Because having heart attacks cause anxiety.

All tests that detect someone has parkinsons, or dementia will also seemingly detect depression, and/or anxiety,

Because the the motor and non-motor dynamics of the those diseases stress people out severely.

In that case, it is misleading to say CSF analysis predicts mental illness,

In that case, CSF analysis detects physical disease states, that are so painful or debilitating, that they stress people the fuck out, and make them sad, and in some cases cause dementia, or sensory anomaly, because of the level of physical pain and anguish, or because the brain and sensory system becomes damaged.

CSF would not have a chance in hell at detecting mental illness in people without severe, and painful, and debilitating physical diseases.

Unless, it could be definitely proven, that it does.

By the way, ironically, physical pain and anguish diseases, and physical brain damage diseases, probably cause a level of pain and suffering, and disability, in a way that purely mental diseases could not possibly hope to compare with, but nonetheless, they remain very different things.

In one case, placebo therapy, like psychotherapy, has a much, much better chance of curing an imaginary disease, or purely mental one, than doing much real good with a physical one.