Personal Announcement

Some of you have heard, but here it is, my wife of 16yrs lost her five year battle with cancer on Feb 9. She caught several bad breaks in chemotherapy(early onset of toxicity, ineffectiveness ect.) that allowed the chancer to rapidly spread and essentially take over her body in the last three months.
Even on her death bed she joked that she was luckiest unlucky person out there. Essentially all the, only 1% or less side effects and such, hit her through this fight. She fought bravely to the end, and never gave up.

She is obviously survived by me and our five children. Several of you have reached out as how to help. 1) Primarily- just keep doing what you do here. 2) if you really want to do something practical some friends set up a memorial fund, link below, to help with the various costs and expenses of this transition.

1 Like

I’m genuinely sorry to hear this. What an awful, sad thing. For what’s it’s worth, I wish you and your children the best Mike.

3 Likes

Just sent a modest contribution your way on behalf of the site.

5 Likes

Thanks Phrost. And thanks for all that you do here.

2 Likes

No worries. This is why we have a community in the first place: we can’t fix the world, but we can make it a little better for the people that actually want to try.

3 Likes

Are hugs appropriate? I can punch you in the face, as is tradition, but I feel like a hug works better.

But seriously, condolences. People leave us sometimes. And it hurts.

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss Michael .

3 Likes

I don’t know you but I feel your loss.

May her memory warm your heart forever.

3 Likes

My heart has joined the thousand, for your friend.

1 Like

We’ve had some awesome and terribly bad arguments over the years.

I enjoyed them all.

Damn it man, my heart hurts for you. There’s nothing I can say, just know I will be thinking about you and your family.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss!

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Words just don’t convey. Big hug from afar brother.

Shabbat shalom

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about your loss. My sincere condolences.

2 Likes

Hi Michael:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know this is a difficult time, and I hope you and your children keep your faith. Based only on my knowledge of you, I’m sure she was an incredible woman.

Sam

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear.

2 Likes