Olympic uniforms

@Rillion @hungryjoe I made it blurry-ish.

1 Like

I can see why that might put some people off their ramen, however, I have seen worse skin infections.

Which is why I constantly encourage folks in the grapple fu space to cover up as much of their hide as they can, because of the nature of the activity as it relates to skin infection potential.

People tend to think that bad things only happen to the other guy. But, everybody gets a turn at some point, being the other guy.

I encourage people to watch things that are disgusting or dangerous, but are in their control. Informed opinions are not made by turning a blind eye, to such. But, I respect their right to NOT view said content.

2 Likes

You should see his tool collection…

Do you encourage mat washing/cleaning disinfection too?

Not walking into the toilet in bare feet and then back on the mat?

In B4 Rabbit plugs certain sports-specific hygiene products…

1 Like

I encourage mat disinfection every practice.

Most of the gyms under my lineage have a shoes or flops in the bathroom policy.

I even give people a hard drive for bringing their dogs on the mats, which does not score me any popularity points…

Regular soap and water works fine, LOL.

Like he’s some sort of high-dollar endorsement machine.

Da fuk, DOGS ON THE MATS?

OSOTO GARI

I am a bleach achiever when it comes to mat disinfection. Plus sunlight exposure when blinds can be open and/or bay doors opened, etc. And water and soap for skin washing.

Try Defense Soap.

I wish.

Honestly, soap and water is the barest minimum.

If it won’t protect you from warts, it won’t protect you from any tinea.

My issue with tshirts is sweat. I sweat so much my t shirts would accumulate sweat and then the gi. All that extra load became a burden after an hour of open mat.

Now I stick to wicky stuff that helps soak up and evaporate. Technology ftw.

I was writing of personal hygiene, not mat cleaning/sanitizing.

Yeah, diluted bleach is cheap, effective, and widely available.

Not so good for our fancy judo tatami, though. Supposedly, LOL.

It’s not a matter of “protection”, if you mean some prophylactic effect from using some product.

It’s a matter of dojo hygiene (tatami cleaning, shoes off the mat, etc0, clean bodies/clean uniforms.

Gimmicky soaps aside.

I mean, I like a good scrub with a tea tree oil infused soap as much as the next guy.

Yeah, I have/had looser fitting sythetic “rashguards”. A cotton Tshirt isn’t horrible, though.

Ah, here we go. https://twitter.com/AP_Europe/status/1419678686736003072

1 Like

That’s sweet, although the fine was a grand total of $1,770.

Yeah, like, big fine.

My thing is the rules about the bottoms they wear is clearly designed for camera appeal, not practicality.

I mean, the Olympics has been all about the money for quite some time, anyway.

Everything has to be optimized for TV audience appeal (revenue).

I’ve had ringworm a few times. Got it once at a university club so bad I had to go on oral antifungals. A big part of the problem was the mat space was shared and rarely cleaned. Not to mention the infected just would not stay off the mat. I had staph once, but fortunately caught it early and it wasn’t a resistant strain.

These experiences have made me a fanatic about cleanliness and hygiene. I will refuse to work with you if your gi smells and/or you have suspicious rashes. I always wear a rashguard under my gi. I also scrub like I fell in a sewer when I arrive home after training.