Martial Arts E-mail Scams

So these have been documented elsewhere, but they still persist. Usually I just delete them when I spot it, but occasionally I’m bored and I play along for a while. I’ve never heard of one of these working before, but I imagine it must have because I see this particular scam about 4 or 5 times a year. Maybe a little more this year with all that’s going on. They always start out the same and work towards getting your cell number and exchanging credit card info. Enjoy. My real name is Skip BTW, notice how he doesn’t notce that I keep changing it or what I’m changing it too? haha

Hello,

This is Mr John Albert, i will like to know if you are available fo Kickboxing raining for my kids.

Thanks

**We are accepting students to start next year. I’ll need to know their ages and how many to give more complete information. **

Thanks,
- Bub

Thanks for the response,i want to book 4 weeks programs for 4 kids there are home school students,i have 3 (Male)Aged (9, 10 and 12)and 1(Female)Aged (12).no injuries or restrictions they are all beginners have no experience in Kickboxing training, i want the kids to achieve Improve endurance exercise etc.

Am planning to organize a private driver that will bring them for the entire weeks and willing to pay for more training depends on their improvement for the first 4 weeks

I want you to send me your availability days/time they will be attend for private lessons twice a Week 1hr daily sessions for 4 weeks also get back to me with the total tuition cost include the yearly registration fee?

Thanks

4 kids

2 - one hour sessions a week ($300-per person per hour = $1200 a day x 2 = $2,400 per week x 4 weeks = $9,600 plus 12% tax = total of $10,752 for the month)

We accept all major credit cards and paypal.

Thanks,

- Jean

Thanks so much am okay with the estimate, I want the kids to start lessons ready to make payment with my card. I’ll be responsible for all payment cause i won’t be coming with the kids due to my current health status.I’m currently under intensive care in preparation for my surgery am making this as a huge surprise to console them

Please may i know if you are the owner of the facility and what’s your full-name,facility address for the private cab driver I’m organizing to locate your place when they are coming what will they be needing for the training ?

Thanks

No problem. I am the school owner.

Scott Summers

1407 Graymalkin Lane,

Salem Center, NY 10560

We can arrange anytime, right now we do all private classes for each student. We seek to bring out their special abilities. They will not need any special gear, all will be provided.

Thanks,

Scott

Yes perfect Jan, i want the kids to be coming to training Monday and Thursday 2:00pm, please let me know if that is okay with you ?

Due to my current health situations, I will prefer text you my credit card information and run it through your credit card merchant and send me the photo of receipt once done…okay ?

Is there a good cell number i can text you my credit card information information, Please what credit card merchant did you use to process payment ?

Thanks
John

Hey John,
**Sounds good. Just text it to the number I sent you or PayPal @xavierAcademy … We use PayPal for credit cards. **
Thanks,
Charles

Ohh ! i don’t feel comfortable using merchants like PayPal or Square, Cashapp, I’ve had issues with them in the past for double charging and late remittance i will like you to process my credit card on another credit card processor.

Thanks
John

**Oh okay. I have an off brand credit card company use at the school, I can just manually put your numbers in. It’s through a local company called MagnetoCredit. Is that okay? **
I’ll have to charge a $5 processing fee. Just send me your credit card number and the 3 digit code on back.
Thanks,
Hank.

– At this point that is the last I’ve heard. Sometimes it will take them a day to get back so their may be more tomorrow. Always the same scam always the same way.

Just something to think about.

1 Like

Haha. Got a reply.

Sounds good i will be responsible for all the credit card charges fees okay, is there a good cell number i can text you my credit card information if you can check you will see that you haven’t sent me !

Let me discuss with the private driver service that will bring the kids for the whole session and I just want to confirm days and times with the driver before I process the payment and will get back to you as soon as possible !

Thanks
John

1 Like

This might seem a dumb question, but what gave “John” away? Was it the typos? Text formatting, maybe? Also, how would that scam work if he is the one trying to give you his credit card information? Is he writing all that crap just to get your phone number?

1 Like

In the first e-mail how he introduced himself… “This is Mr John Albert” … that was the first clue, but still might not be. it was the format and wording of the second that gives it away. It always has the same set-up. Sometimes the number of kids change or their ages, but it’s always the same. The rest of the conversation goes the same way too.

The rest I’m not a 100% sure on. I believe they can start charging your cell number fees if they get that, so don’t send it. My understanding is that they will arrange for the first payment, but as soon as you get it they will ask for an immediate refund. Something will change, they’ll need to cancel. If you do that, they have already canceled the transaction on their end and since it’s international it will take days (maybe weeks) to show on your account. But you’ve already sent the refund, so you will be out the amount they sent you when it bounces and the amount you sent them that didn’t bounce (assuming you have enough in your account to cover it).

1 Like

I am Nigerian prince…

“Dear my beloved…”

I ran these guys all the way through the scam. Made a fake receipt and everything.

1 Like