Madison Cawthorne: Conservative Home Schooled Fundamentalist-Christian Bullshit Artist-

This is a sort of a crossover thread between The Far-Right Side Gallery and the Quiverfull threads.

It’s the seamy underbelly of where Fundamental Christianity and Right Wing Politics (once again) meet. Dominionship, Headship, et al…

Once again, I’m not going to offer trenchant and smart-ass commentary/analysis like Dear Leader Phrost, or wonderfully written and entertaining/thought provoking articles like Scrapper.

Just some information and maybe some observations.

Keyword: Patrick Henry College
Keyword: Madison Cawthorn (Republican, US House of Representatives).
Keyword(s): Theonomy, theocracy

Mainstream media news on Madison Cawthorn.

Who briefly attended Patrick Henry University, an “accredited” college that is basically a finishing school for home-schooled, right-wing Christian kids.

" All students must sign a “Statement of Faith” before they enroll, affirming belief in what the college considers core Christian doctrines. For example, students are asked to acknowledge "[Satan] exists as a personal, malevolent being who acts as tempter and accuser, for whom [Hell], the place of punishment, was prepared, where all who die outside of shall be confined in conscious torment for eternity… Man is by nature sinful and is inherently in need of salvation, which is exclusively found by faith alone in Jesus Christ and His shed blood… Christ’s death provides substitutionary [atonement]for our The college professes [non-denominational Christian beliefs, informed by Evangelical Protestantism.

Teaching faculty must also sign the Statement of Faith and a more detailed Statement of Biblical Worldview, which represents the college’s requirements for what should be taught.For example, the Biblical Worldview Applications states, “Any biology, Bible, or other courses at PHC dealing with creation will teach creation from the understanding of Scripture that God’s creative work, as described in Genesis 1:1–31, was completed in six twenty-four-hour days.”[[13]]

In 2006, PHC founder Farris commented that the college held the view that its [faith]was the only true faith (“we believe that there is truth and there is error”) and expressed disapproval of religious and social [toleration]. “Tolerance cannot coexist with liberty” because "the crowd of tolerance wants to ban speech.

PHC does not receive federal funding: "In order to safeguard our distinctly Christian worldview, we do not accept or participate in government funding. In consequence, PHC is not required to follow federal guidelines, like most other institutions, concerning sex-based and other forms of discrimination, the reporting of on-campus crimes, and investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct.

2 Likes

Madison Cawthorn and his mostly made-up history. And blatent, literally proven lies.
See also the Washington Post article.

His “sort of college” career.

1 Like

LOL…“nominated”. Big, fat, hairy deal.

Bill Clinton nominated me for Annapolis in 1994.

So fucking what.

Exactly…his whole history is mostly fabrications.

His SAT scores were too low, for one thing…

He’s like the AOC of the Right?

1 Like

Accolades vs. Accomplishments - for only $1,000 I can get you in to the NJ Journal of Highly Accomplished Salespeople of the International Journal of Highly Accomplished People.

1 Like

Hawthorne is a good example of someone who tries to disavow QAnon while pushing a lot of QAnon narratives. Either Qlueless, or actually kind of a bad guy trying to use the political mesh of it.

“I have built my staff around comms rather than legislation…”

Yeah, we know. And those “comms” are a diverse, rich selection of calls for military coup against Biden, arresting all of Hollywood, hanging Democrats, and praising Jesus who sits at the left hand of Donald Trump.

We know Greene likes to cheat and bang gym studs, who knows, maybe Cawthorn’s junk still works.

He was engaged to a hottie already?

Right, he is following the script, man. This is “get ahead in politics 101” nowadays.

I blame the internet for everything these days, but especially political un-discourse.

It sickens everything it touches.

It’s a potent delivery system for crazy shit, that’s for sure.

Appeals to the most base levels of human behavior. Tribalism, fight-or-flight, etc.