Hi guys. I'm new here! THE OFFICIAL HI GUYS I'M NEW HERE THREAD

Howdy. Long time follower and lurker. Nurse, vet grunt, and I value logic and reason. Also a bit of a choke junkie.

Hello, punchers.
I learned some full contact on my early teens and then followed with a whole bunch of years learning kung-fu.
The best thing Iā€™ve learned so far is that thereā€™s no philosophy in martial arts. Itā€™s a sport that aims to beat the shit out of someone else. Philosophy is for philosophers. Master is an education degree. The rest is bullshit.
Anything related to science interests me.
Nice to meet you all!

Hello, everyone! Iā€™m not new, what am I doing here? Anyway, the last username I used at the old forum was SLBC, so here I am again to complain about CMA (mainly BSL, TJQ, Sanda and Shuai Jiao), JMA (mainly Kendo, Judo, Karate, Sumo), kickboxing and MMA. Cheers to all the old lurkers finally joining - I did that myself a couple of years ago. Welcome aboard.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, but also Judith in her party dress.

4 Likes

Oh, my my. Oh, hell yes.

Wanders into forum
Anybody know where the bathroom is?

1 Like

Shidoposting section.

SJ bully here. Some of yall might know me from the facebook group.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the new here thread.

1 Like

I sure hope so! !
FB_IMG_1551989302905|352x264

J U D I T H.

Thatā€™s a beautiful image, of ancient warfare.

Holofernes in that picture is a portrait of the man who raped the painter. (Judith, again, but it wasnā€™t in this thread) :thinking: Not remembering her name now.

Is there anything that you are not here to complain about?

2 Likes

Judith is a fucking badass. And the painter was a fucking badass, too.

Hi.

New to this forum. Part of the fb group, believe I had account on the old.
Posted a pic of BS work. Hate it when people do shitty jobs.

2 Likes

That looks like a homeowner special.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

Have dropped into BS over the years, but only reading. You guys have had some great stuff discussedā€”thank you!ā€”and may well have helped form some of the critical thinking to develop modern martial arts, IMO.

Did some Karate many years ago, and have kept a small, but significant, interest in martial arts over some time. (I wanted a ninja suit, also.)

I hope to contribute a little more fully now!

Hope things are going okay in your part of the world in these crazy times!

1 Like

Hi guise! Iā€™m new here! I forced my best friend to name my goddaughter Ashida Kim so sheā€™ll have to grow up tough! Johnny Cash gives primo parenting advice.

3 Likes

Doofa rides again!!!

3 Likes

How does ranking work in Kung flu? Anyone know of the level of aliveness in their training??