Healthy Masculinity: The Thread

I am wondering if it’s all just auto-generated content, at times, designed to do what it is doing.

Cause a lot of noise on the Internet, for, perhaps, various purposes.

I imagine trolls under bridges pumping out this “toxic” masculinity stuff, and a lot of other content…

Good example right there. What’s the source of this content? Somebody just made it up to cause a stir or be cute.

I’ve been drinking beer and other alcoholic beverages since 1979, and I can’t recall anybody ever saying anything like that, ever, from parties to bars and in between.

Another tell is that beer is not normally made out of wheat, it’s malted barley. Hefeweizen aside, of course, and some “american” wheat beers. Vast majority of beer in the USA at least is made from barley, water, hops, yeast, and in the case of Bud, Coors, etc., often rice.

I do, you high ABV Ale Snob.

Happens here a bit.

New York Doll, LOL

I had to look up poofter. Several articles on that sign.

1 Like

We had MC Hammer and Space Camp, not drag.

For old time’s sake?

2 Likes

Clown shame is the best shame

The sign smells of tryhard.

1 Like

It depends on where it’s coming from. As a society, much like as people, we will only improve if we acknowledge flawed ideas and try to improve or rectify those ideas into better systems to increase functionality of the society. Sometimes people have valid criticisms.

Then you get the bananas echo chambers where everything is a microaggression or bigotry. Then you will have trolls on the other end putting out stuff to stir up controversy and conflict to manufacture outrage.

Yeah, it’s all a matter of whose ox is being gored.

But, I once again repeat myself.

maybe the real ox being gored was the friends we made along the way?

1 Like

3 Likes

Yes, and filtering the noise out is difficult at times. Well, overwhelming

And a lot of what people “think” is self - affirming noise.

Exactly

Which is why corroboration is helpful to separate the wheat from the chaff

Yeah, and even that one has to approach with caution.

Noise filtering is only going to get harder as more content becomes easier to pump into our lives through new means. I do my best to have one day a week where everything is off and I just vibe to a show and some music while drawing or walking the dog.

Always been the case. It is the definition of a clique.