Grappling on concrete

I’m trying to visualize this…

Oh, I get it, good one.

It depends if you want to harness one of the forces of the universe to help you fight.

Gravity is basically a superpower.

There are more ways to do it than what you did, though.

Sankaku garami is your friend.

Ashi Sankaku Garami

1 Like

You guys are all too bad ass for me. I love the game but I’ll never be much more than a fanboy. I get a lot out of reading these threads though. You know, except for the lagomorph droppings.

I once had a guy in a RNC, on my back against the sidewalk with him above me. I used his body as a shield when his buddies tried to hit me. I did take a few hits though.

I got out of that situation when my friends came to help me. It was a birthday outing for one of the guys where I trained. So all BJJ guys that were purple or above.

I’m not sure it would have ended well if I didn’t have help.

I just introduced you to one of the best Bullshido.net videos ever recorded, not only 100% relevant to this thread, but actually the lead up to the OP of this thread ending up fighting a racist kung fool on concrete.

Apparently you’re not much of a dung beatle after all. Lurk more, post less.

It’s a stupid example, really, that video. One on one “combat”. It’s a good thing the kung fool was such a shitty grappler.

It was the comment made at the start about fighting on concrete that sparked my memory of that “encounter”.

"“people fall down, they do not get up when they fight on concrete”.

I don’t know who said that (maybe the mods know) but yeah, Osiris can definitely hold his own on deck. that’s not in this video, it’s in the followup.

Coincidentally, I remember Hedge’s fight was also on concrete. Also ended up getting up off the deck.

I just remember the one video, man.

Fighting like is stupid anyway, IMO, regardless.

Hence the beautiful train wreck that is that video.

Actually Doofus asked “Will you try asphalt next time Osiris”, which was the real reason I pulled that video up. The actual fight takes place on asphalt, not concrete.

So the real question is “what’s worse Osiris, concrete or asphalt”. I’d like to know more.

Yeah, it was a parking lot, as I recall.

A very public one.

Perused for a relevant video worth discussing.

This is a 15m street vs sport diatribe by a guy taking a walk, containing the good old “lying on concrete” trope and multiple attackers, biting and eye gouging, and how BJJ will get you killed.

It was the “BJJ will get you killed” part that struck me. Concrete+BJJ+multiple attackers? You’re gonna die!!

oy, the comments…

He lost me at “wing chun”

Nothing says “badass” and “target” simultaneously like a T Shirt like that one…

2 Likes

LOL, the Keysie rub your head thing…

He must not grapple much…

1 Like

Wait, I thought it was “K.C”? It’s named after the two guys that created the system!!! ><

go look at his utoob channel…