Good article on Kiwi Farms shut down, some thoughts

If only there was one.

1 Like

Just so I am clear, Doofa is culturally appropriating the term Red Neck, and then telling the people who may have cultural and ethnic ties with that term, whether or not they are or can call themselves that term…?
And that Doofa is a real Red Neck and they are not?
One does wonder, how and why this example would be any different if Doofa was doing the same thing with the “n-word”, and telling black people that he Doofa was a real “n-word”, and that black people who call themselves that word, do not have claim to it, as Doofa does to use it.

Not to mention Doofa calling other posters “White trash”, “hill billies”, etc.

All this stupidity could be avoided if people would just use sunscreen.

2 Likes

I’m a real red neck because I have a garden!

Donald Trump Laugh GIF by Election 2020

6tcof6

this meme format

So you’re a red neck because you “make a living” from your garden, apparently not good enough to not need welfare, and you’re a Boomer because you keep posting this shitty meme format from 2005. You really got me lmao.

Kiwi Farms died, as it was foretold. Apparently on Bullshido.net, but nobody noticed until I came along and pointed it out, in a thread on Fragile Masculinity.

Wake up.

If any Tom, Dick or Harry can claim Red Neck status based merely on how they feel about it, it makes the word meaningless

So, you are claiming trans-red-neck status?

Animated GIF

1 Like

It is a fairly broadly used term.

We had it here as well to refer to the English, which in this case, ironically, would be you (you’re from the uk right?).

From Afrikaans rooinek, from rooi (“red”) + nek (“neck”). Probably a reference to the fact that Englishmen, being new to Africa, wore inadequate headgear (such as solar topees or no hat at all) and thus sunburned more easily than Afrikaners. Other theories have it being a reference to the then red collars of British military uniforms, or to the red markings that British farmers put on their imported merino sheep.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rooinek

It is meaningless. I thought that was the point.

Exactly

Red Necks are universal

It’s not where you are but your lifestyle that makes the difference IMO

And I am originally from the UK, thanks for noticing

The term has been appropriated by divorced, middle class guys to provide a premise for political violence

Which in it’s own way stereotypes country folk as barbarians

What the fuck are you talking about?

They do not identify as rednecks. They self identify as Patriots.

The only people “appropriating” the label of Red Neck for political violence are college aged leftists.

Which is hilarious. By the way.

I think the proud boys got the same treatment by some gay mob.

It is because if you are actually a “chud”, whether red neck, swamp red neck, hillbilly, or cracker, you can spot them from a mile away. But e.g. Redneck Revolt wasn’t created to recruit or as propaganda to be consumed by blue collar chuds and kulaks, it was created by and for urban, college educated upper middle class leftists who want to compare their attempt to unionize their Starbucks with the Battle of Blair Mountain and act like making grown up milkshakes is the same as being a coal miner in Appalachia.

Probably the most well known individual that has this aesthetic is Beau of the Fifth Column. I was actually introduced to him by someone in his target audience and I could immediately tell he was a fraud. It turned out he was a white collar urban lib who was arrested for and convicted of human trafficking. So in some of his videos he would talk about firearms for that same target audience but hold a toy one implying he was doing it for safety reasons, but he just legally couldn’t possess a firearm.

This goes for right wing and right leaning orgs that are similar e.g. the Proud Boys. It’s all urban dwelling college educated people from the same neighborhoods with different political aesthetics. Gavin McGinnis who founded the Proud Boys was throwing parties for years when he was the editor in chief at VICE that all the same urban lib millennials and Gen Xers in the DSA and the local Democratic Party campaign offices in NYC calling him a white supremacist were going to. Same with Richard Spencer and NOVA/DC.

This is actually a divide happening in the dissident right wing right now where urban dwelling white collar upper middle class culturally liberal “right wing dissidents” are fighting against an actual blue collar take over of the right wing movement in the US.