Fragile Masculinity: The Thread

This, is a trap.

To be fair, it’s not wrong.

Woof, this is an actual article someone was paid to write:

What are the 60% who favoured science. Favouring it over?

The other 40% are wizards

2 Likes

I just wanted to re-emphasize how good a post this is/was.

Nothing like building yourself up by tearing others down.

oops, been a while…

“That would require the title of this thread to be changed.
I think a better solution would be to make fun of the people who are so stupid and sexist, that they don’t realize that the phrase “fragile masculinity”, and “toxic masculinity” are just as sexist as misogynistic comments.
One does not oppose sexism with more sexism, nor does one oppose racism by making racist stereotypes.
Then again, humor may oppose both, when used ironically, satirically, and with the purpose of reminding us all, that all humans of every sex type, and race, and ethnicity are ridiculous, and tribalistic.
Give no one a pass, make fun of everyone, and everything, and call all people who are truly being ugly, what they are, whether they are being sexist towards women, or men, or people of any race or ethnicity.
But, let’s not throw out laugher, and humor, because the singularity, and the robots coming, will surely take care of that, when they displace us, or discontinue us, or we finally discontinue ourselves.”

Also, reposting fake, photo shopped bullshit, in order to make fun of fake stuff is hilarious.

Hey, I got shoved an oboe, in middle school. “What would you like to play?” “Saxophone!” “We have too many, already. Why not try oboe?”

It’s an elite art form. Making your own reeds, and you get to do percussion in the marching band season!

Plus, Tchaikovsky…

2 Likes

Here you go. I tried to make the oboe look as cool as i could.

And failed obviously.

1 Like

Oboe he di’nt!

1 Like

I think you’re getting at two different issues: the replication crisis and bias in publishing. Both are issues in my field too because 1. p hacking and other systemic issues in experiment design and B. there is always bias when looking at policy outcomes or arguing for policy implementation.

What is your field?

International Affairs/Relations and foreign policy.

1 Like

Not sure if this can be topped:

1 Like

The Punisher character is a criminal.
That is a very odd choice for LEO’s.

1 Like

This meme forgot a few lines:

Foot’s a balloon: You wanna see it
Someone shit talk your friend: punch a vehicle like it’s street fighter 2
That fails: Throw a dolley at them

1 Like

Fun fact: in the comics there was a bit where Punisher went around beating up cops who appropriated his symbol, partly as a response to this happening already. Apparently there’s some sort of appeal to the idea of being the guy who ‘gives the bad guys what they deserve’ sentiment, but I don’t know how widespread it is. There’s a few videos you’ll find on youtube talking about this i saw a while back.

Punisher’s symbol also changed at the start of a new arc where he joins the fuckin Hand of all groups

The lesson is that you shouldn’t take any serious ideas from comic books, they don’t mean anything, death of the author etc. The same thing happened to Ubisoft with all the Hope County Choir songs from FarCry 5. If you try and shit on the chuds we/they are just going to turn it around on you.

Basically, what is happening is people saying “hey the system doesn’t appear to be working for us, maybe we should go around it” and people who the system works for (not because they personally created it but because due to the Long March Through The Institutions they have captured it) saying “no, actually you have to adhere to the law that is created to work for me because I say so”. And it’s a shitlib that works at Marvel doing it through the medium he has access to.

Also rumor is that the guy with the phone was the one who got the text from his wife that she was bleeding out, tried to go back in and was detained and disarmed by his coworkers.