Chiropractic is dumb and so are you for using it

But I bet if I run the same argument Phrost is running with similar horror stories, bullshido doesn’t say a damn thing about it.

I’m just wondering why the double standard?

That’s not a double standard.

Hospitals are run by people and people make administrative mistakes.

We need psychiatrists. We need hospitals. We need long term in-patient care for people dealing with mental health crisis.

We don’t need chiropractic treatment because it’s pseudoscience and nonsense.

Chiropractic treatment is in the same bag as a false bill of goods.

They present themselves as an alternative to actual science based medical treatment. If you want to get better there is no acceptable alternative to science based medicine.

Whatever a chiropractor can do, a well equipped physical therapist or even just a licensed athletic trainer with a cold compress and a good knowledge of stretching can do better.

Edit: Alternative medicine isn’t medicine. Chiropractors aren’t real doctors. If you have joint pain, see an orthopedist aka, a real doctor.

How is a psychiatric evaluation medical? Literally no medicine involved. You talk to a chick and if she likes you, you’re sane. I’d rather a neck adjustment than some rich white chick telling me how to think and who I am.

“You’re quick and clever. Wanna slow your brain down?”

FUCK NO.

1 Like

If by “medical” you mean related to medical treatment, then a psychiatric evaluation sounds like a determination of if or what kind of medical treatment the psychiatrist believes may be necessary.

Also, that second part sounds very specific and I’m not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

No, because that would be neurology.

The difference between neurology and psychiatry is that neurologists deal with damage to and degeneration of the central nervous system and psychiatrists deal with abnormalities in behavior.

Sometimes neurological damage can cause abnormal behavior meaning that there is a lot of overlap between the two disciplines of medicine.

Both of those guys went to medical school and both of them are considered doctors so they are both considered to be practicing medicine when they are working to assess someone’s brain health.

I’m not sure where you came to the decision that psychiatric evaluations aren’t medical. It’s kind of prerequisite for problems necessitating a psychiatrist.

Relevant.

Intriguing

Is it Osiris?

I’m getting the impression you had a bad experience with a psychiatrist?

1 Like

I understand that they hold a fraudulent title, but abnormal behavior isn’t a medical issue UNLESS there’s an underlying nuerological condition. Otherwise it’s just someone you don’t like and they should be left alone or jailed with due process in the case of criminal matters.

But my point is that their back story is every bit as bad as chiropractors AND they have yet to adopt scientific practices. An evaluation isnt scientific. You can’t ask a few questions (for like ten min) make up your own back story and then claim to have medically diagnosed a person. Thats fraud.

In my situation I was medically diagnosed with an illness because I stated I was being abused and stalked by various members of the jiujitsu community. They didnt medically determine I was hallucinating these people and their words and actions. They just assumed. I was freed when they did a totally medical google search and found the harassment. Psych is social control masquerading as medicine and I’d trust a chiropractor far more.

The articles I linked condemning psych are as damning if not moreso than the evidence against chiropractors. Am I wrong? So why the double standard?

No, but I do do joint readjustments.

Like armbars?

So who is the mystery quack?

For example, does this seem like science? Medicine? Or unconstitutional detainment?

People make terrible mistakes all the time. Even people that went to medical school. A long time ago someone mistakenly thought I was doing meth because I had a false positive from allergy medicine that I forgot to disclose. I’ve never touched that shit in my life but that didn’t stop my credibility from being ruined. They didn’t believe me. Nothing I could say could convince them otherwise. I went in saying I hadn’t slept in three days due to insomnia and after that they never believed another word I said. I had to change doctors and I told them to stick their recommendation to rehab for drugs I was not taking straight up their derrier.

I’ve never done a stimulant harder than a triple shot Americano espresso but that’s how the ball bounces.

Doctors aren’t necessarily any more clever or reasonable than the guy working the checkout counter at 7/11, they just have a lot more training and knowledge about medicine. If anything, things like that only make it twice as likely that I’d go to a Orthopedist over a Chiropractor because when the Orthopedist makes a terrible mistake, it’s a lot less likely to end with me getting seriously hurt.

We live in a dark stupid world but I just play the numbers on coming out ahead as long as I can.

Is it you sub?

This isn’t the fucking Psych thread, buttholes.

(Y’all motherfuckers need to Szasz anyway.)

Subluxationmessenger

2 Likes

It’s so dumb and so popular and I hate it so much. I am at a total loss for anything to say in response when someone goes like “I need to go see my chiropractor.” Another one is when I’m training and someone offers me homeopathic arnica gel. Hi everyone, by the way. I’m new here and I love it!

1 Like