22 Reddit Breaks Wall Street with Andy Meade

I’m pretty sure these weren’t people investing, but rather people wanting to screw over hedge funds. I might be wrong. I’ll let you know if my opinion changes after I listen to the podcast.

1 Like

We used OBS.ninja on a recent recording that hasn’t posted, yet. It came out much better. I was trying to adopt that as our standard of the what, but we had a mixture of cellphones and tablets and PCs on this run, I didn’t realize they weren’t able or had issues with using that site.

2 Likes

It’s “your”. You need better grammar for Bullshido.

I once lost $2,000 on Sun Microsystems stock, because I was a Solaris guy for a little while.

Expert on GME? More than you could possibly imagine without two teenage sons.

Are you the Bullshido gate keeper?

You’re grace.

2 Likes

More like Vince Clortho.

Did you read the one about the kid who got 10 shares of GME for Kwanzaa last year and just made $3,000+?

Ok. So I’ve listened to the podcast three times. Some parts were a bit patchy, and I’ve never really understood how short options work. So if I understand this right a bunch of people out of anger and with a better understanding of shorts than me, decided to hit back at Billionare market manipulation by engaging in some themselves, and make a buck while they were at it.

The billionares running these hedge funds are upset because they got beat at their own game by their own rules by a group of people who they see as so far outside of their league it might as well be another sport. Am I understanding it all more or less?

Have you ever seen The Wolf of Wall Street? It’s the same concept. Or The Big Short. Same concept.

You don’t have to get too technical, so let’s not waste our energy. Let the “bunch of nerds online” whoever the fuck that is supposed to be, argue whether this is a pump and dump, ladder, stonk market, or whatever the fuck.

Instead, only try to realize the truth. It’s a question of trust. Is Reddit trustworthy? How about GME or AMC’s market price? Bitcoins? Dogecoin…?

If you bothered to listen, you would have heard the guy talk about that?

1 Like

I listened to the entire podcast and was practically paraphrasing what Andy said, because Mikey was struggling with the concept.

There were like 10 people listening, maybe 11 at one point. Who do you think they make these for anyway?

You did not say "Andy said in the Podcast. You presented it as your own idea.

We know you are such an excellent writer and pro editor you didn’t express yourself unclearly.

1 Like

I didn’t get the idea from the podcast. Andy just agreed with my idea.

So I’ll agree to share credit I guess, for having awesome ideas.

Like, you can watch The Big Short with your kids, but you must not watch Wolf with your kids…that is one hell of a great idea.

Speaking of which, some of these poor saps trying to get on this gravy train (AMC, silver etc) are getting hurt now…I have a pet theory about another kind of Big Short coming, but I’ll defer to the finance experts.

I still can’t believe anyone in their right mind would trust Reddit for stock advice, but we’re not in the Age of Reason any longer.

LOL, nice try at cover and diversion.

1 Like

Admit it, you bought some GME stock…oh god, you didn’t buy silver did you?

If you did, never sell it. Never sell the silver.

Me?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh, damn, I needed that laugh…

That was really funny !

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure the hedge funds pulled a Judoesque sweep reversal on the Reddit/Robinhood crowd.

Sure, why not. Kaeshi waza is an important skill.

Tempest in a teapot.

1 Like

I had the thought a few days ago “well, what if a hedge fund infiltrated one of these big online groups and convinced a mob of people to buy up a COMMODITY stock, thinking they’re gonna raise the value of silver 500% which will never, ever happen, and they lose all their money instead”.

Phrost posted a funny shark meme about this whole thing. I can’t find it atm but this one is good.

Who the hell believes this is true? The part about Reddit being the alpha predator in this game?

I don’t. It was a nice, probably one-of manipulation.

I points out some flaws in the system, and I’d guess is suggestive of some needed reforms.

Found it. Not only does this reference a great old children’s book, it also shows how utterly wrong the analogy is.

Those real sharks are just gonna eat the little fish in the end.

1 Like

Meh, doubt it.